|Firearms Application Renewal|
ATTENTON: Due to the COVID-19 virus, we will processing ALL License to Carry applications through the mail ONLY! This will be effective immediately and last until May 31, 2020. As of June 1, 2020, we will be processing applications like normal. Applications are available below or at the front doors of our courthouse. Please keep checking the webpage for any updates.
When sending your application through the mail please include the following with your application:
1. Copy of your driver's license
2. Check or money order for $20.00, made out to "Armstrong County Sheriff"
Once you are approved, we will notify you by phone. After said time, we will be doing the photos and signatures Monday - Friday to get everyone caught up and a new License to Carry printed. Once our office processes your application, we will contact you to set up a time to have your picture and signature added. We will then print your permit that day.
We are following the CDC guidelines for social distancing. You will be asked a few questions when setting up your appointment. Please answer these questions honestly, as we are trying to protect our staff, yet still want to continue processing Licenses to Carry. If you are not feeling well or have a reason to believe you have the possibility to be contagious, please DO NOT make an appointment with our office. Thank-you for your understanding in this matter.
NORMAL LICENSE TO CARRY PROCESSING
• Applications are received Monday, Wednesday, & Fridays 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
| • PA driver’s license with photograph and current Armstrong County address
• State –issued non-driver’s identification card with photograph and current Armstrong County address
• If you are NOT a US citizen, you must present your immigration card
• If you are NOT a resident of Armstrong County, you must apply in the County you reside in
• Application fee is $20.00. Payment MUST be made at the time of application.
• Acceptable forms of payment include:
• personal check made payable to “Armstrong County Sheriff”
• money order payable to “Armstrong County Sheriff”
• CREDIT AND DEBIT CARDS ARE NOT ACCEPTED
• We are only required to hold your application for 30 days, after which if you have not picked it up, we will send you a revoke letter with a refund $15.00
• Please keep in mind that we are NOT given a reason for a denial, If you are denied:
• we will let you know that you have been denied
• you will be given a PICS challenge application to fill out and mail in if desired
• we will send you a letter with a refund of $15.00
There are times when the License to Carry or PICS system is down and we are unable to process License to Carry Firearms. Please understand that this is out of our control and can happen at any given time and without an advance notice.