- All incoming letters or correspondence must contain the following information or they may be considered as contraband and placed into inmate property storage or disposed of:
(Inmate's Name Here)
(Housing Unit and Cell # Here)
171 Staley's Courts Road
Kittanning, Pa 16201
- All incoming mail must have the full address as shown above and the complete return address including the sender’s full name.
- Third party mail is prohibited and will result in a misconduct report being issued to the inmate and may result in sanctions such as segregation time, denial of parole and/or loss of other privileges.
- Any mail that contains stickers, glitter, crayon, paint or marker drawing will not be given to the inmate.
- All mail whether sent or received is logged. These logs are for administrative use only and will not be given to inmates.
- All personal mail may be censored or checked for security purposes. Legal mail will be opened by the inmate addressee in the presence of a staff member.
- The Warden is authorized under Title 37 of PA Code to restrict and/or prohibit any mail for valid penological reasons such as introduction of contraband, threats to security or the public, or when requested by intended recipients.